A Veritable Paradise for any Birdwatcher, India… Explore &Enjoy Birding like nowhere else. Nature has blessed India with different types of terrains, weather conditions and incredible fauna and flora, which makes our country home for an extensive variety of resident and migratory birds. Consequently, India has outshined as one of the best places in the world for bird watching / birding tours. More than 1250 species of bird and over 925 breeding species are across 13 bio-geographical regions of India. Birds are colourful and lively and equally interesting to watch them in their environment. Indeed one has to follow birding ethics and respect nature, to enjoy. Few simple cautions like don't disturb the birds, be extra careful, do not dawdle around the nests, do not touch the eggs or the little ones, do not imitate bird calls or use recorded ones to attract them, move in small groups rather than large ones and do not litter, can make your birding successful and will also keep the birds comfortable.
The favourable birding circumstances in India here attract a lot of tourists from far and near. Beinga home to numerous rare and enchanting species of birds, in India the zones are segregated. This 12 days tour program from Incredible Himachal Holidays focuses on providing a kaleidoscopic sight of those little wonders in North India. This tour is planned for some memorable bird watching at chosen regions such as Narkanda, Sangla, Chitkul, Sarahan, Tirthan Valley, Banjar Valley and others. These locations have a wide variety of birds. It is always a treat to enjoy nature at its best!
The Bird Watching Tour is a perfect tour for the bird watcher having good physical health and can walk in high altitude areas. This tour presents you to visit spectacular scenery and at the same time provides you with great bird watching experience. Visit some of the major tourist attractions while being in the capital city of India. Drive to Narkanda stopping en route for birding. Drive leisurely to Sangla exploring through the breathtaking gorges of the Greater Himalayas. Pay a visit to Tirthan Valley to explore the major attraction of this place which includes college, Monal, and Koklas.
Bird Watching Tour in Himachal itinerary
Day 01 : Arrive Delhi
Welcome to Delhi, the Capital of India. Upon arrival at Delhi International airport you will be picked up by the Incredible Himachal Holidays representative who will escort you to your pre booked hotel in Delhi for night stay.
Day 2 : Delhi
Early morning visit the Okhla Bird Sanctuary recognized as Heaven for water birds. Afternoon enjoy the sightseeing of Delhi. Visit Chandni Chowk – the old traditional market, Red Fort – built in 1648 AD, Raj Ghat – the cremation ground of Mahatma Gandhi, Humayun’s tomb – built in 1613 AD and Qutab Minar – highest stone tower in India built in 1193 AD. Evening drive through India Gate and President’s place. Later return back to the hotel for stay.
Day 03 : Delhi – Chandigarh (Shatabdi Express) Chandigarh - Narkanda
Morning, transfer to the railway station to board the train for Chandigarh. Meeting and assistance upon arrival at Chandigarh train station and we will drive to Narkanda, Enroute stopping for birds. Narkanda is a beautiful holiday spot and well known for famous species of birds like large Hawk cuckoo, spotted nut cracker, Asian brown flycatcher & Eurasian blackbird. Overnight stay at the hotel in Narkanda.
Day 04 : Narkanda - Sangla
Morning after breakfast, drive to Sangla described as one of the gorgeous village in the entire Himalayas. Sangla is a lonely and last village where one can explore the tribal beauty. Upon arrival enjoy the real beauty of snow covered mountains and breathtaking view of Himalayan mountains. Overnight in camp at Sangla valley.
Day 05 : Sangla – Chitkul - Sangla
Today we will drive down to Chitkul. Chitkul is recognized as one of the most awesome place to visit in Himalayas. Enjoy trekking through lush green mountains located on the bank of Baspa river. Chitkul is the last inhabited village where one can explore the green fields and mountain peaks. Evening we return back to Sangla. Overnight in camps at Sangla Valley.
Day 06 : Sangla
Today enjoy the sightseeing tour around Sangla valley. Afternoon we will take you to the Fort Kamru. At the main gate of this fort, a stunning image of Buddha welcomes you. Now a days this fort has been converted into temple that has been dedicated to Kamakshi Devi. Overnight in camp at Sangla.
Day 07 : Sangla - Sarahan.
Today drive down to Sarahan, a small town which is set amongst the apple orchards that dot the hill sides. Imbibe with nature’s beauty; Sarahan is located on the banks of Sutlej River. Upon arrival, check into your resort in Sarahan. After freshen up visit the famous Bhimkali temple seems to be a Hindu and Buddhist styles. Spend the rest of the day in watching the birds around. Overnight stay at your resort in Sarahan.
Day 08 : Sarahan - Tirthan Valley
Today drive down to Goshaini, a small village tremendously rich in birdlife Enroute visit Jalori pass and Shoja. Shoja is a small halmet known for its unexplored and pristine beauty. Upon arrival, we walk through the forest logging road into pristine pleasant countryside. Later return back towards Goshaini. Overnight at Tirthan Valley in Himachal Pradesh.
Day 9 : Tirthan Valley
Tirthan valley is best known for leisure activities like bird watching and fishing. This is the only place which will mesmerize you by natural surroundings of snow clad peaks of Himalayas in India. Enjoy the bird walk towards the Great Himalayan National Park. One can also enjoy the sunset go down spreading various hues in the sky. Overnight stay at your resort in Tirthan valley.
Day 10 : Tirthan & Banjar Valley
Visit to Bahu and Jibhi will give you an excellent opportunity for bird watching along with wildlife. Imbibe as much as you can by visiting these places. Jibhi is the place famous for its healthcare centres. Overnight stay at Tirthan valley.
Day 11 : Tirthan Valley - Bhunter airport - Delhi
Early morning drive down to Bhunter airport, Kullu from where you board your flight back to Delhi. Upon arrival at Delhi airport, transfer to your hotel. Evening is free for leisure. Overnight stay ay hotel in Delhi.
Day 12 : Delhi /Departure
In time, transfer to the airport to board the flight for your home / next destination. If time permits, you may also enjoy bird watching at Delhi Zoo – a favourite destination for migrant birds.
Trip Highlights :
• Visit to Okhla Barrage for bird watching.
• Pay a visit to visiting India Gate, Qutab Minar & Humayun's tomb and driving past the President's House.
• Drive to Narkanda stopping en route for birding.
• Excursion to Sangla exploring through the breathtaking gorges of the Greater Himalayas.
• Take a visit to Jibhi and Bahu for bird watching.
What’s Included :
• Airport Services : Private air conditioned car with driver Company staff for airport assistance.
• Accommodation : 11 nights in handpicked hotels.
• Meals : 11 Breakfasts.
• Transport : All ground transport for sightseeing trips.
• Guides / Escorts : Expert local tour guides for sightseeing tours.
• Other inclusions : Govt. of India taxes and Company service charges.
What’s not included :
• Flights : International or domestic flights are not included.
• Travel insurance : Please carry a valid travel insurance.
• Visa : Visa fee and charges.
• Entry Tickets : Monument and museum tickets.
• Meals : Meals not specified.
• Personal expenses : Any kind of personal expenses / bills.
• Our Bird Watching tour offers a mix of some handpicked hotels selected by our experts and recommended by our past customers. We mix a taste of beautiful guesthouses, modern hotels and camps. Some of them are uniquely located. Normally our tour cost offers are based on room sharing basis until specified unless. Single room supplement can be provided upon request for those willing to stay in a single room only.
Please Note :
• This is the itinerary for a tour which we run regularly. It can be altered, and we like to discuss plans with clients and can make suggestions about special places to visit depending on our clients’ interests, and available time. The itinerary is planned in such a way that you gain altitude gradually , you get a good and proper time to acclimatise properly while travelling through the Central Himalayas . Every day there is enough free time to make walk / or to relax your own so you could experience the people and culture from much close on the tour.
• In case you require accompanying tour escort / local guide with you please tell us and we will be happy to arrange local, knowledgeable guide for your tour, as per your choice.
• Please do not hesitate to collect any travel information from us, before working a final tour programme for yourself. We would be glad to provide you all the travel information and hotels details etc. at the time of planning your holidays with us, before you book your tour with Incredible Himachal Holidays. Being local, we can provide you with a wonderful private, personalise, tailor-made holiday tour in India at a cheaper cost than the standard package / group holiday that you might find elsewhere. We believe in delivering the service, more than- promised to our clients.