Known as the Paragliding capital of India, Bir attracts adventure lovers from throughout the country and the world. Hence, some of the best time that you might spend here might be with your feet in the air. We have the best camping and paragliding tours. Our paragliding pilots are trained and experienced. Bir is a town located in Baijnath area of the state of Himachal Pradesh in northern India. Located about 2.5 hours away from Mcleodganj, 6 hours from Chandigarh and 11 hours from Delhi. Famous for adventure tourism and known for having the second highest jumping spot in the world, Bir is a perfect weekend as well as honeymoon destination in Himachal. However, Bir is also a noted centre for ecotourism, spiritual studies and meditation. It is also home to a Tibetan refugee settlement and hence, several Buddhist monasteries. The most famous among them is the Palpung Sherab Ling Monastery, a must visit place for the travellers who are looking to explore Himachal.
While Billing is the takeoff site for paragliding and Bir for landing collectively it is known "Bir Billing". However, this heaven of a place is not just limited to Paragliding, you can go trekking to Himachali tribal villages, pump up the adrenaline with some rock climbing, go for mountain biking in Palampur or just chill out with your loved ones while fishing at the riverside.
The people here are super friendly, peace loving and have a certain joy of living as they go around their daily life. Although, the population of Bir is mainly Indian agriculturalists, there is also a sizable community of Tibetan refugees in the Bir Tibetan Colony and a small community of international expatriates and long-term students, volunteers, and visitors.
Camping in Bir Billing Itinerary
Day 01 : Arrive at Mcleodganj and Transfer to Bir Billing
Morning arrive Mcleodganj bus stand and transfer to Hotel for fresh up. After fresh up and Breakfast we drive to Billing total distance 65KM one way. We reach Billing on lunch time. After lunch we walk around famous paragliding spot in the world. O/N Camp at Billing
Day 02 : Tandem Paragliding and departure
After Lunch we enjoy Tandem Flying Paragliding (High Flying 30 to 40 Min). After that we drive back to Dharamsala enroute visit Baijanth Temple and Palampur tea garden.
Cost Includes :
• All trekking and Camping arrangements Include Alpine/Dome shape tents, Sleeping Bags/Sleeping.
• Mattress/Dry Pit toilet tents etc.
• All vegetarian meals during trek and camp start from Lunch on day first to Lunch on day last of the Camp.
• Expert Mountain Guide with English speaking.
• Cook and Kitchen Helper.
Cost does not Include :
• Travel between Delhi and Mcleod Ganj can be arranged by us on request.
• Transport between Mcleod Ganj and Naddi.
• Any Mules, Porters hired to carry Personal Baggage/ Luggage.
• Any meal/services not mentioned above.
• Alcohal, soft drinks, beverages etc.
• Personal expensis like telephone calls, tips, laundry etc.
• Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
Please Note :
• This is the itinerary for a tour which we run regularly. It can be altered, and we like to discuss plans with clients and can make suggestions about special places to visit depending on our clients’ interests, and available time. The itinerary is planned in such a way that you gain altitude gradually , you get a good and proper time to acclimatise properly while travelling through the Central Himalayas . Every day there is enough free time to make walk / or to relax your own so you could experience the people and culture from much close on the tour.
• In case you require accompanying tour escort / local guide with you please tell us and we will be happy to arrange local, knowledgeable guide for your tour, as per your choice.
• Please do not hesitate to collect any travel information from us, before working a final tour programme for yourself. We would be glad to provide you all the travel information and hotels details etc. at the time of planning your holidays with us, before you book your tour with Incredible Himachal Holidays. Being local, we can provide you with a wonderful private, personalise, tailor-made holiday tour in India at a cheaper cost than the standard package / group holiday that you might find elsewhere. We believe in delivering the service, more than- promised to our clients.