Pangi Valley, a part of Chamba District of the Himalayas, is a remote & rugged tribal region, situated on the Northwest of the Himachal Pradesh state. The road is dubbed as the "World’s Most Dangerous Road", as at times you will be riding on the edge of a narrow and unpaved road with a straight drop of thousands of feet in the Valley below. The ride also covers the challenging and mythical Sach Pass.
If you are an adventure motorcyclist and looking for a dose of the ultimate adrenaline rush, this ride will be a religious experience for you. The region is very remote so on couple of days we would have to stay in basic hotels or guest houses.
Along with the adventure, the landscape too leaves one speechless and the overall experience guarantees that you return home saying it was the “Incredible Himachal Holidays”.
Day 01 : Arrive In Manali
You need to arrive either by Volvo Bus, or by flight till Bhuntar airport in Kullu from New Delhi at our designated hotel in Manali by 12 noon, where you will meet the Incredible Himachal Holidays team and your co-riders. The road captain briefs everyone on the route and the day-wise plan. Post that, you will be handed over the Himalayan motorcycles which you would be riding for the rest of the tour.
Day 02 : Motorcycle Orientation and Off Road Practice
On this day, we want you to get the hang of riding a Royal Enfield on the varied terrain of the Himalayas that you will be encountering later in the tour. Any adjustments to the motorcycle according to your preference and riding posture will be done by the mechanic.
Day 03 : Manali to Tandi
You wake up early in the morning to ride on the world’s highest road – the Manali-Leh highway. As soon as you leave Manali, the climb for the 13,051 feet high Rohtang Pass starts. After Rohtang, the road descends into the Chandra valley and also becomes rough and muddy giving you the sense of adventure that lies ahead. Your stay will be in bamboo cottages with an incredible view of the confluence of Chandra & Bhaga rivers.
Day 04 : Tandi to Killar
The real treat starts this day – narrow roads, water crossings and remote villages await us, as we leave early and divert from the Manali-Leh highway towards Udaipur. Post Udaipur, the road becomes blissfully dusty and rough. We ride on a road hundreds of meters high and along the narrow gorges of the Chenab valley amidst pristine landscape and view of numerous waterfalls. We take a detour towards a basic hotel in Killar Village which will be our base for two nights.
Day 05 : Killar – Kistawar Road – Killar
Today is the day to wake up with a grin on the face as we would be riding through some of the most challenging ‘roads’ you would have ever ridden on, leading to the ‘World’s most dangerous road’. This experience is not for the faint hearted, as one glance down the valley is bound to give you goosebumps. After taking in the beauty and clicking sufficient pictures, we head back towards our hotel in Killar for yet another challenging day tomorrow.
Day 06 : Killar To Bairagarh Via Sach Pass
On this day, we cross over to the other side of the river Chenab/ Chandrabhaga, towards Chamba, via Sach Pass. The initial ride is through raw yet beautiful forest roads which eventually lead to extremely steep and twisty roads towards Sach Pass (14,500 feet). Descent from the pass offers you majestic views of Chamba Valley. Our stay today is in a hotel in small village with basic amenities.
Day 07 : Bairagarh To Dalhousie
From this day, the roads get better as we ride towards the busy Chamba town. After taking a diversion towards Dalhousie, you halt for the day at a nice hotel. After the adventure, you are free to indulge in shopping/ sightseeing or just rest.
Day 08 : Dalhousie to Dharamshala
After a short, but eventful ride through Jot Pass (7500 feet), we reach Mcleodganj or ‘Little Lhasa’, where the Tibetan government-in-exile is headquartered and home to the Dalai Lama. Once you check into the hotel, you can choose to visit the Dalai Lama temple or local market place for souvenirs.
Day 09 : Dharamsala to Manali
After riding for days in middle of nowhere and on rough roads, today for a change we will be on the smooth national highway along the Beas river and back to our hotel in Manali.
Day 10 : Depart From Manali
It’s bye bye time after an adventure of a lifetime and endless stories to share! Your hotel is paid for till 12 noon on this day. You can choose to take a luxury bus to Delhi/ Chandigarh or a flight from Bhuntar Airport in Kullu for your journey back home.
TOUR PRICE EXCLUSIONS :
• Your two- way travel to and from Manali.
• Lunch on all days.
• Fuel for the ride.
• Snacks, beverages (bottled water, juice etc).
• Refundable security deposit for the motorcycle: INR 10,000.
• Optional single-occupancy add-on: INR 17,000.
• Optional rental for helmet, knee guards and magnetic tank bag.
• Anything not mentioned in the Inclusions section.
Please Note :
• Note: The helmet, gloves and other personal equipments may kindly bring your own.
• Before starting the tour from Manali, clients will have to make a security deposit of Rs. 4,000 per bike. Once the tour comes to an end, the full amount will be returned to the client at the ending point provided there is no damage to the bike.
• This is the itinerary for a tour which we run regularly. It can be altered, and we like to discuss plans with clients and can make suggestions about special places to visit depending on our clients’ interests, and available time. The itinerary is planned in such a way that you gain altitude gradually , you get a good and proper time to acclimatise properly while travelling through the Central Himalayas . Every day there is enough free time to make walk / or to relax your own so you could experience the people and culture from much close on the tour.
• In case you require accompanying tour escort / local guide with you please tell us and we will be happy to arrange local, knowledgeable guide for your tour, as per your choice.
• Please do not hesitate to collect any travel information from us, before working a final tour programme for yourself. We would be glad to provide you all the travel information and hotels details etc. at the time of planning your holidays with us, before you book your tour with Incredible Himachal Holidays. Being local, we can provide you with a wonderful private, personalise, tailor-made holiday tour in India at a cheaper cost than the standard package / group holiday that you might find elsewhere. We believe in delivering the service, more than- promised to our clients.