A 12 days/ 11 nights motor bike tour including unlimited fun & challenge to one of the remotest regions of Himachal Pradesh, viz Kinnaur & Spiti valley. It involves visiting remote valleys, villages and Crossing Over High Mountain passes Rohtang Pass (3980 m) & Kunzum Pass (4550 m) providing spectacular views of picturesque snow capped peaks, rugged terrain and old monasteries. Come prepared for every possible weather imaginable from scorching sunshine to freezing blizzards, even in mid-summers.
Day 01 : Arrival Delhi / Manali
Assemble at Volvo pick up point at 17:30 hrs and board Volvo coach (seat in coach basis). Start your journey to Manali. Overnight in Volvo.
Day 02 : Arrive Manali
Arrive Manali at 8 AM. Meet on arrival and transfer to hotel (check in time 12 noon, early check in subject to room availability). Time to fresh ‘n’ up. Assemble at Motorbike garage at 2 PM for a small briefing about the tour. Today we take you on acclimatization ride to Naggar village. Return back to Manali and spend the rest of evening at leisure or last minute purchases in the market. Overnight at hotel.
Day 03 : Manali/ Shoja (111 kms/ 5 hrs)
Today we start our motorbike adventure and ride to Shoja in Tirthan Valley. Ride from Manali on NH 21 crossing Kullu town and after crossing tunnel at Aut, we turn to enter Tirthan valley. We ride along Tirthan river and cross Banjar and start our climb towards Jalori Pass which we cross the next day. We end the ride for the day with a break at Jibhi or Shoja. Overnight at camp/ guest house.
Day 04 : Shoja/ Sangla (209 kms/ 8- 9 hrs)
We start our ride in morning, crossing over Jalori Pass from where on a clear day a long necklace of Himalayan Range can be viewed including peaks of Kullu region like Deo Tibba, Hanuman Tibba etc. We now descend down towards Satluj valley. We ride crossing Rampur and continue riding Satluj valley, entering Kinnaur and taking a detour entering the beautiful Sangla valley from Karcham. After a long and a very interesting ride we halt for the night in a camp/ guest house at Sangla.
Day 05 : Sangla/ Chitkul (90 kms/ Kalpa (51 kms)
Today we ride to explore the Kinnaur belt, riding to Chitkul the last remote village towards Indo China border. We then return to Snagla and continue our ride further to Kalpa village. Kalpa village is located in backdrop of Kinner Kailash mountain range. On arrival check in at hotel. Rest of day free to explore Kalpa village. Overnight at hotel.
Day 06 : Kalpa/ Nako/ Tabo (190 kms/ 8 hrs)
Another day of an interesting ride. Its exciting riding the narrow Satluj valley till Khab where Satluj river meets Spiti river and this points is also the reference where we enter the Spiti valley. We ascend upto Nako village, the last among Kinnauri villages located on banks of a small lake. We walk around village and later continue further towards Tabo. Tabo monastery was founded in 996 AD by the great teacher Richensang-po, Tabo is renowned for its breathtaking murals and stucco images – and is often called “The Ajanta of the Himalayas”. The largest monastic complex in Spiti, the old section has 9 temples, 23 chortens, a monks chamber and a nuns chamber. There are several caves adorned with frescoes and contemporary structures too. In trans Himalayan Buddhism, Tabo’s sanctity is next only to Tibet’s Tholing gompa. Overnight at Guest House in Tabo.
Day 07 : Tabo/ Dhankar/ Pin Valley/ Kaza (105 kms/ 06-07 hrs)
Today we ride around Spiti valley, exploring the mesmerizing landscape, varied colors of mountains and remote villages & gompas. We start our ride in morning towards Dhankar village & monastery. This Monastery at Dhankar rests high over the valley and is a stupendous example of local architecture. It is regarded to have once been a fort and was also the residence of the ruler of Spiti – the Nano. We ride further towards Pin Valley, the land of Ibex and Snow Leopards. We end the day on reaching Kaza, the main town of Spiti valley. Evening free to explore Kaza town and make some noise “ride hard, party hard”. Overnight at guest house.
Day 08 : In Kaza
Morning visit the Ki monastery, 12 kms from Kaza. This centuries – old gompa is a labyrinth of rooms and corridors – and at one time also acted as a fort. It houses valuable Thangkas and offers a panoramic view of the area. Also visit the small gompa at Kibber, 9 kms further ahead. Kibber at 4205 m has the distinction of being the highest permanently inhabited village of the region. Ride back to Kaza and evening free to explore the town. Overnight at hotel.
Day 09 : Kaza/ Chandertaal (117 kms/ 4 – 5 hrs)
What a ride is going to be today, hold your breaths to ride into the Himalayas. Today we ride inside deep into Himalayas. From Kaza we start our ride crossing few Spitian villages. We cross Losar which is the last Spiti village and start the ascend towards Kunzam Pass (4558 m) which lies on main Great Himalayan Range. We get beautiful views of CB ranges and continue further towards Chandertaal Lake (The moon lake – 4270 m) which is of exquisite beauty between a lower ridge and the main Kunzum range, the outlet being into Chandra River. We check into our camp and after a brief rest, start our walk towards the lake which is about an hour away. Enjoy the beauty of lake and after spending some time, we walk back to our camp for overnight.
Day 10 : Chandertaal/ Chatru/ Manali (116 kms/ 7 hrs)
Today is last stage of our adventure. Morning we start our ride from Chandertaal lake for yet another breathtaking day of charming scenic views and exciting rides. We ride through the trans Himalayan region crossing Batal, Chatru entering into Lahaul valley. From Gramphoo we start our ride up the mountain to conquer the mighty Rohtang Pass (3980 m). Crossing Rohtang we enter the Green Kullu valley. We descend towards Manali and end the motorbike adventure in Manali. We bid farewell to our companions The Royal Enfields, carrying fond memories & promise to meet again. Overnight at hotel.
Day 11 : Manali / Delhi
Morning at leisure. At 03:30 PM we transfer you to Volvo stand to board the coach to Delhi (seat in coach basis). Overnight in Volvo.
Day 12 : Arrival Delhi
Arrive Delhi in morning. Tour & our services end.
Cost Does Not Include :
• Any airfare/ train fare, hotel accommodation in Manali/ Shimla, any transportation to reach Manali/ Shimla,Fuel for Bike, any other meal than mentioned in itinerary, any personal or travel Insurance, tips, gratuities, portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks or any other expenses of personal nature, any item not specified under cost inclusions.
Please Note :
• Note: The helmet, gloves and other personal equipments may kindly bring your own.
• Before starting the tour from Manali, clients will have to make a security deposit of Rs. 4,000 per bike. Once the tour comes to an end, the full amount will be returned to the client at the ending point provided there is no damage to the bike.
• This is the itinerary for a tour which we run regularly. It can be altered, and we like to discuss plans with clients and can make suggestions about special places to visit depending on our clients’ interests, and available time. The itinerary is planned in such a way that you gain altitude gradually , you get a good and proper time to acclimatise properly while travelling through the Central Himalayas . Every day there is enough free time to make walk / or to relax your own so you could experience the people and culture from much close on the tour.
• In case you require accompanying tour escort / local guide with you please tell us and we will be happy to arrange local, knowledgeable guide for your tour, as per your choice.
• Please do not hesitate to collect any travel information from us, before working a final tour programme for yourself. We would be glad to provide you all the travel information and hotels details etc. at the time of planning your holidays with us, before you book your tour with Incredible Himachal Holidays. Being local, we can provide you with a wonderful private, personalise, tailor-made holiday tour in India at a cheaper cost than the standard package / group holiday that you might find elsewhere. We believe in delivering the service, more than- promised to our clients.