We invite you to a 12 day ritual bike road trip to the Land of High Passes- Leh ladakh. This ultimate Ladakh Bike Trip (biking expedition) involves crossing over high-mountain passes, snow-capped peaks, rugged terrain and witnessing some of the most spectacular and picturesque landscapes in the world.
An experience bunched of enthusiasts, combined with experiences from the Armed Forces, joined into design a picture perfect program for you in to the Land of Ladakh.
Day 01 : Arrival Srinagar
We request you to kindly make your own arrangements to Srinagar. The ideal time to reach Srinagar would be before early morning/noon, so one doesn’t miss out on the day excursion. Meeting and assistance upon arrival at Srinagar airport. We will check into our hotel. This afternoon we will enjoy Shikara ride. Later, we will explore the sights of Srinagar. In the evening, we have a team huddle, where the trip leaders/instructors shall conduct a briefing about the trip, with instructions on safety, riding techniques etc. Overnight in a hotel.
Day 02 : Srinagar to Sonamarg (80 Kms)
After an early breakfast we proceed to Sonamarg. As we leave the Srinagar city and drive along the Dal lake, this is one of the most scenic drives of the voyage. Lush green mountains, gustling rivers, meadows & much more. The drive to Sonmarg is through yet another spectacular facet of country side in Kashmir. As we reach Sonamarg, guests can explore the serenity of the nature. Evening welcomes you to a bonfire on the banks of the Sindh river. Overnight at a campsite.
Day 03 : Sonamarg to Kargil (125 Kms)
After a leisurely breakfast, we will drive to Kargil. Today we cover the scenics of Baltal, Drass, Kaksar and the mighty Zozilla Pass. This is a town which serves as the headquarters of Kargil district of Ladakh in the state of Jammu and Kashmir in India. It is the second largest town in Ladakh after Leh. Enrooted we shall also cover some of the attractions like Kargil War Memorial Stonday and Mulbekh monastery etc. Later the evening, independent time to explore the Kargil city and nearby areas. Overnight in a hotel.
Day 04 : Kargil to Leh (216 Kms)
After breakfast, we will start our mighty ride from Kargil to Leh. Today we shall see a topographical change from green mountains to sands. Enrooted we shall visit the Lamayuru Monastery (the oldest monastery in Ladakh) and also visit the confluence of the Indus and Zanskar Rivers, the Magnetic Hil and Gurudwara Pathar Sahib. Overnight in a hotel.
Day 05 : Leh – Khardungla Pass – Nubra (150 Kms)
An early morning wake up, followed by breakfast and checking our bikes and gear. We start our drive towards the world’s highest motor-able road- Khardungla Pass. After a drive of about 40 Kms we reach the Khardungla Pass – The Highest Motor-able Road in the world. Later, we head towards the Nubra valley via Khardungla village, Khalsar. Lunch will be en-route. We will visit Diskit, and Hunder. Diskit has monasteries with tallest lord Buddha statue and hunder has sand dunes and camel safari. Overnight at a campsite.
Day 06 : Nubra to Leh (150 Kms)
Early morning wakeup call followed by breakfast, we take our ride back from Nubra to Leh city. We reach Leh by evening and catch breath taking sun set view of Leh city. Overnight in a hotel.
Day 07 : Leh Sight Seeing
It’s a complete day at leisure today in the capital city of Leh. Independent time for the riders to explore the complete city. Leh town has some major attractions like Shanti Stupa, City Palace, War Museum, Thiskey Monastery etc. Evening we shall do a small get-together at the hotel, around a campfire discussing the experiences of the tour till now. Overnight in a hotel.
Day 08 : Leh to Pangong Lake (200 Kms)
Early wakeup call, after breakfast we will start our journey to the world’s highest salt lake. The 200-km trip to Pangong Lake is an experience of its own. Beyond this city, there is nothing but the extreme mountain ranges for company. The second stop is the Changla Pass (17,350 ft.), which could test ones lungs, for the lack of oxygen. Upon arrival, we settle in our camps, followed to a visit to the lake. Overnight at a campsite.
Day 09 : Pangong Lake to Tsomoriri (125 Kms)
Post Breakfast, we do a complete gear check and drive to Tsomoriri Lake. It is a breathtaking journey on a trail that is literally a ‘no mans’ land. Spend your evening watching shadows of the surrounding mountain and the varying depths of Tsomoriri lake changing colors from the most amazing hues of blue and green alternating between jade and turquoise emerald and an unbelievable indigo. Overnight at a campsite.
Day 10 : Tsomoriri to Jispa (320 Kms)
Early morning wakeup call followed by breakfast. Later, we flag off our epic ride from Tsomoriri to Jispa, a distance of about 320 kms. Being the longest ride of the voyage, time plays a crucial element today, as we try to reach Jispa before sunset. Overnight in a hotel.
Day 11 : Jispa to Manali (115 Kms)
This is the final leg of our ritual road trip. Following a leisurely breakfast we will drive to Manali. Today we climb the mighty Rohtang Pass and enter the beautiful valley of Manali. As the sun descends down, the evening welcomes to a grandeur celebration of a successful road trip with Campfire, Bar-be-Que's & much more. Overnight in a hotel.
Day 12 : Departure from Manali (115 Kms)
Day is at leisure for your independent activities. Explore the Manali city and it’s attractions. We board the return Volvo Coaches in the evening to return to Delhi.
Please Note :
• Note: The helmet, gloves and other personal equipments may kindly bring your own.
• Before starting the tour from Manali, clients will have to make a security deposit of Rs. 4,000 per bike. Once the tour comes to an end, the full amount will be returned to the client at the ending point provided there is no damage to the bike.
• This is the itinerary for a tour which we run regularly. It can be altered, and we like to discuss plans with clients and can make suggestions about special places to visit depending on our clients’ interests, and available time. The itinerary is planned in such a way that you gain altitude gradually , you get a good and proper time to acclimatise properly while travelling through the Central Himalayas . Every day there is enough free time to make walk / or to relax your own so you could experience the people and culture from much close on the tour.
• In case you require accompanying tour escort / local guide with you please tell us and we will be happy to arrange local, knowledgeable guide for your tour, as per your choice.
• Please do not hesitate to collect any travel information from us, before working a final tour programme for yourself. We would be glad to provide you all the travel information and hotels details etc. at the time of planning your holidays with us, before you book your tour with Incredible Himachal Holidays. Being local, we can provide you with a wonderful private, personalise, tailor-made holiday tour in India at a cheaper cost than the standard package / group holiday that you might find elsewhere. We believe in delivering the service, more than- promised to our clients.