When it comes to travel experiences, nothing can beat a bike trip to Ladakh! Travelling by road to Ladakh is the most thrilling and adventurous way to explore the place, as it involves crossing some of the highest mountain passes in the world, most beautiful remote villages and alluring Himalayas so close to you. You can experience it all with our Manali to Srinagar Motorbike Expedition. You will get a glimpse of pristine lifestyle of the tribes who live in the small villages on the way. The unique colourful Tibetan flags, prayer bells, monasteries and Tibetan monks will welcome you very frequently on the way. The rough terrains and the breathtaking landscapes will perfectly blend and add buzz to your Manali to Leh bike trip. Although the route to Leh from Manali is every photographer’s delight, believe us when we say that you will go cuckoo over the Leh to Srinagar route. The enchanting vistas of Moon land are worth capturing and will definitely give you the feeling of travelling to a different world.
Visit the spectacular and ever changing landscapes of Rohtang Pass and take in the mesmerising beauty of the mountains all around you. It’s is the gateway to Ladakh. The sight of glaciers, snow clad peaks and Chandra River will leave you spellbound. The Zero point is the sight to behold.
Cross the distinctive villages of the valley in this Manali to Srinagar Motorbike Expedition and reach the paradise, Ladakh after crossing 22 Gata Loops. Explore Ladakh like never before! The changing colours of Pangong Tso will take your breath away. Nubra Valley, the cold desert that lies 150 KM north of Leh, is something you would not have seen before. Visit Lamayuru also known as Moonland. You will be amazed to see the one of the oldest monastery in Ladakh. Pass through Drass, the second coldest inhabited place on the earth. If you love to ride, then this is your golden chance.
Day 01 : Manali
Reach Manali in the morning and check in to the hotel (The check in time is 12 noon/early check in subject to availability of room). In the afternoon you will be appointed your motorcycles. Try a hand on them and enjoy the short guided motorbike tour of Manali. Have dinner and stay overnight at the hotel.
Day 02 : Manali - Rohtang Pass - Jispa (140 kms/ 8 hours)
Wake up to a beautiful sunrise in Manali and have breakfast in the hotel. After breakfast, start riding towards Jispa ad kick start the Manali to Srinagar Motorbike Expedition, passing Rohtang Pass and some of the most scenic villages of Lahaul Valley. Reach Jispa and stay overnight at the camp/ hotel.
Day 03 : Jispa - Baralacha Pass - Sarchu (190 kms/ 6 hours)
Have breakfast in the morning and leave for Sarchu. It will be thrilling when you realize that you are at 16050 feet, and riding through the passage of snow at Baralacha Pass will be exhilarating. Visit majestic Suraj Taal and Deepak Taal enrooted Sarchu. Reach Sarchu and stay overnight at the camps.
Day 04 : Sarchu- Leh (253 kms/ 10 hours)
Have your breakfast in the morning and start riding towards Leh crossing the 22 Gata loops, 45 KMS Pang ground and Tanglang La, the second highest motor able pass in the world. Reach Leh by evening and check in to the hotel/guest house.
Day 05 : Leh
Spend the day at leisure or set off to explore the unique city of Leh. Meet the locals, discover the old and beautiful monasteries of Leh and drool over the local food! Stay overnight at Leh.
Day 06 : Leh- Khardung La - Nubra - (130 kms/ 8 hours)
After breakfast leave for Nubra Valley crossing Khardung La, considered to be the highest motor-able road in the world. You can choose to ride by bike or hop in the car. Capture the moments here, it is surely something to boast about to your friends and family when you get back. You will be able to spot the Indus Valley from the seemingly endless peaks and ridges of the Zanskar Range, to the giants of the Saser Massif. The cold desert is one of the best places to spot the limitless galaxies at night. The shooting stars and the starry sky will leave you awestruck. Spend the night at Nubra Valley.
Day 07 : Nubra Valley - Pangong Lake via Shyok Valley (150 kms / 5 hours)
Take an off-beat route today to reach the ever beautiful Pangong Tso. The off road route will take you through the remote villages of Agham and Shyok. Ride along the Shyok River of Nubra Valley and feel the rush of adrenaline as you ride on one of the toughest and the rarest taken routes in Ladakh to get to Pangong Tso! Soon you will be riding along the majestic and enormous lake which will almost look surreal! Stay overnight at Pangong Tso.
Day 08 : Pangong Tso - Thiksey Monastery - Leh (160 kms / 5 hours)
The mesmerising sunrise will leave you in awe. It is so enticing that you will remember the vistas forever. Leave for Leh after breakfast. Visit Thiksey Monastery which is the finest illustration of Ladakhi architecture! Reach Leh and spend the night in the peaceful city!
Day 09 : Leh - Lamayuru - Kargil (245 kms/ 8 hours)
After breakfast, ride to Lamayuru and visit the Basgo Palace and Lamayuru Monastery which is one of the oldest monasteries in Ladakh. Continue riding to Kargil, enrooted visit the Giant Buddha at Mulbek. Reach Kargil and check in at the hotel and spend the night there.
Day 10 : Kargil - Zoji La Pass - Srinagar (204 kms/ 6 hours)
After breakfast, ride to Srinagar passing through Drass, the second coldest inhabited place on earth. Visit the Tiger Hills and other famous peaks in Kargil. Reach Srinagar by evening and check in to the hotel. Stay overnight at Srinagar.
Day 11 : Depart from Srinagar
Your Manali to Srinagar Motorbike Expedition ends today. Check out from the hotel to continue your adventure to the next destination!
• GST @ 5%
• Any Air/ bus/ taxi/ jeep fare.
• Expenses of personal nature like laundry, telephone/ fax calls, mineral water, alcoholic beverages, entrance and camera fee at monuments/ museums, medical expenses, gratuities etc.
• Any kind of insurance, such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation etc.
• Any item, activity or facility other than clearly mentioned within the inclusions & itinerary above.
• Any entry fees, any tips, porter pony charges or any other expenses incurred by the porter/ participants during the sightseeing trips, other than as clearly mentioned within the sightseeing in inclusions and itinerary.
• Any extra costs incurred due to extension/ change of the itinerary due to natural calamities, road blocks, and vehicle breakdown etc. factors beyond our control.
Please Note :
• Note: The helmet, gloves and other personal equipments may kindly bring your own.
• Before starting the tour from Manali, clients will have to make a security deposit of Rs. 4,000 per bike. Once the tour comes to an end, the full amount will be returned to the client at the ending point provided there is no damage to the bike.
• This is the itinerary for a tour which we run regularly. It can be altered, and we like to discuss plans with clients and can make suggestions about special places to visit depending on our clients’ interests, and available time. The itinerary is planned in such a way that you gain altitude gradually , you get a good and proper time to acclimatise properly while travelling through the Central Himalayas . Every day there is enough free time to make walk / or to relax your own so you could experience the people and culture from much close on the tour.
• In case you require accompanying tour escort / local guide with you please tell us and we will be happy to arrange local, knowledgeable guide for your tour, as per your choice.
• Please do not hesitate to collect any travel information from us, before working a final tour programme for yourself. We would be glad to provide you all the travel information and hotels details etc. at the time of planning your holidays with us, before you book your tour with Incredible Himachal Holidays. Being local, we can provide you with a wonderful private, personalise, tailor-made holiday tour in India at a cheaper cost than the standard package / group holiday that you might find elsewhere. We believe in delivering the service, more than- promised to our clients.