This motorcycle safari is one of the best ways to discover the Indian Himalaya on your next holiday. Experience pure and complete pleasure taking the challenge of the twists and turns, riding your 500cc Royal Enfield motorcycle through the stunning landscape of the Indian Himalayas.
This journey starts in New Delhi but the real adventure on your Royal Enfield motorcycle starts with the snow-capped peaks of the Himalaya all around you in the lush green alpine forests of the Kullu valley, known as “The Valley of Gods”. From there we ascend to the high mountain passes of Zanskar & Ladakh known as “The land of high mountains or high mountain passes.”
You will visit Changtang, known as “The valley of the Tibetan Nomads.” Here you will see the most amazing crystal clear high altitude Lakes - the Tso-moriri and Tsokar in the region of Changtang on the Indo-Tibet border. This area is also the traditional summer pastures, where the Tibetan nomads bring their yaks, goats and sheep to graze.
You will cross several of the highest and most beautiful mountain passes in in India – the Rohtang pass - 3978 meters, Baralach la – 4830 meters, Lachung-la - 5060 meters, and the highest motor-able pass in the world the Khardung pass – 5602 meters.
Finally this tour offers awesome adventure, stunning panoramic views, a very real cultural experience and nonstop incredible fun the kind you only get when you are willing to step out of your safety zone and just go for it.
Day 01 : Arrive Manali (2050 meter)
On Arrival pick up from bus stand and transfer to hotel, in afternoon bike check, gear check followed by test ride around Manali. Evening back to hotel.
Day 02 : Manali to Jispa, (135kms 6-7 hours via the Rohtang pass 3900 meters)
The challenge begins here as we drive on zigzag road up to the Rohtang pass (13,044ft). Here you get Fantastic views back towards Manali and the surrounding Himalaya! Next we descend into the Valley to Khoksar, (check point) take a “chai break” before we continue along the bank of the mighty Bhaga river through the town of Keylong, have another chai break and then finally head to Jispa where we stay the night at a camp.
Day 03 : Jispa to Sarchu (125kms, 5 – 6 hours ride; over Baralacha pass: 4890 mtr.)
After breakfast move to Sarchu, Quick stop at the police check post & and then we follow along the Darcha river. We zigzag our way up to the Baralacha pass and cross one of the toughest passes of the journey the Baralacha pass lies at 16,500 feet and has of course stunning views. Then we descend to "Bharatpur" for a well-deserved chai break and hot lunch. After lunch we ride some fantastic bits of road along the valley floor to our overnight campsite in Sarchu. This is a wonderful semi-permanent campsite. Dinner and night in the camp.
Day 04 : Sarchu to Leh (4290 meter, 250 KM 6-7 Hrs.)
After Breakfast moving forward to Leh via Tanglang La. Nestled at an altitude of 5328 m above the sea level, in the Zanskar range, Tanglang La is the second highest mountain pass in Ladakh, after Khardung La. It is the residence of the nomadic Changpa herdsman who can be seen herding their cattle and goats. The pass is adjacent to the Leh-Manali highway and is reached via 21 Gata loops. The pass provides for a scenic view. Ample vegetation on both sides further cools the already chilled air and at times, the sharp bends provide just the adrenaline push adventurists crave. Arrival at hotel in evening. Overnight at hotel.
Day 05 : Leh to Nubra valley via Khardung la-World’s Highest Motorable Road (5540 metres, 115 km / 3-4 hrs.)
Before drive to Nubra will ride to Shay & Thiksey Monastery and continue drive up to the Khardungla Pass (which holds the title of the 'World's Highest Motor able Road'). At over 17,500ft you'll be short of puff, so it will be a quick stop before we head down the other side of the pass and descend to Khardung village. This is a very isolated area, the road only having been opened to traffic as recently as 1984. From Khardung the scenery opens into some of the most magnificent views imaginable, and the vast Nubra valley. Nubra, being bordered by both China and Pakistan, is of great strategic. Overnight stay at Nubra Valley.
Day 06 : Nubra to Leh back
After Breakfast will move to Leh, with an easy ride. Leisure evening at Leh Town, Overnight stay at Hotel in Leh.
Day 07 : Leh to Pangong-Tso (4250 meter, 255 km, 7-8 Hrs.) by jeep and back to Leh.
Early morning departure from Leh for the amazing attraction “THE PANGONG LAKE”, As the Journey will be little bit long compare to previous ones we opt to go Pangong by Car for your convenience, will be back to Leh by Same day Evening.
Day 08 : Leh to Sarchu via Tanglang-La (4290 meter, 250 KM 6-7 Hrs.)
Leave Leh in Early morning for the vast Sarchu plateau, Visit Shanti Stupa passing by several villages of Ladakh, further drive on vast plateau of Kyangchu-Thang (plateau of wild donkey) over Tanglang-la 5332 metres, curvy drive till Namkila 4950 metres, spectacular view of rugged rocks, over Lachung-la (5090 metres). Overnight stay at Sarchu Campsite.
Day 09 : Sarchu to Manali (2050 meter, 4 Hrs. 230 km)
Early morning move to Manali via Keylong, state capital of tribal dist. Lahaul and Spiti valley and downhill journey to Manali via Rohtang pass, Marhi, Rahala Falls. As the journey is almost downhill but contains the vast change eco-diversity that would be amazingly clicked in your camera which might take some time so it’s advisable to leave Sarchu in early morning. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 10 : Manali to Delhi
After breakfast checkout from hotel by 12 pm. Time for shopping and leisure at Manali. Evening departure to Delhi by Volvo. End of Service. Tour ends with sweet memories with “Incredible Himachal Holidays”
Please Note :
• Note: The helmet, gloves and other personal equipments may kindly bring your own.
• Before starting the tour from Manali, clients will have to make a security deposit of Rs. 4,000 per bike. Once the tour comes to an end, the full amount will be returned to the client at the ending point provided there is no damage to the bike.
• This is the itinerary for a tour which we run regularly. It can be altered, and we like to discuss plans with clients and can make suggestions about special places to visit depending on our clients’ interests, and available time. The itinerary is planned in such a way that you gain altitude gradually , you get a good and proper time to acclimatise properly while travelling through the Central Himalayas . Every day there is enough free time to make walk / or to relax your own so you could experience the people and culture from much close on the tour.
• In case you require accompanying tour escort / local guide with you please tell us and we will be happy to arrange local, knowledgeable guide for your tour, as per your choice.
• Please do not hesitate to collect any travel information from us, before working a final tour programme for yourself. We would be glad to provide you all the travel information and hotels details etc. at the time of planning your holidays with us, before you book your tour with Incredible Himachal Holidays. Being local, we can provide you with a wonderful private, personalise, tailor-made holiday tour in India at a cheaper cost than the standard package / group holiday that you might find elsewhere. We believe in delivering the service, more than- promised to our clients.