This motorbike expedition Ladakh is an unprecedented chance to experience the charm of the region. As the excursion is two-week long, you will have ample time to explore this vast cold desert at a slow and relaxing pace. You will start your experience from Delhi, and those coming from outside the city, are required to reach here 24 hours prior to the departure time. We have an array of fixed departure dates for you to pick as an individual. If you are a group of 8 persons or more, we can arrange for a customised bike expedition to Leh Ladakh. This itinerary has been well-researched and carefully formulated after looking back at several of our trips in the past.
We even arrange for pick-ups and transfer of your personal motorcycles from and to wherever they are, respectively. On this motor bike expedition Leh, you can choose to ride alone or with a partner. Remember that your road journey will be picturesque, but strenuous. The bumpy, narrow and winding mountain roads with blind curves, deep gorges and ravines at numerous points will keep pumping adrenaline through your veins. All this will make you tired, but once you gaze at the amazing views, you will be immediately refreshed.
Day 00 : Arrival in New Delhi
On arrival in New Delhi, transfer to the hotel and get an orientation from your tour guide. After the orientation, enjoy an overnight stay in the city.
Day 01 : New Delhi to Chandigarh | 260KMS
Early in the morning, check-out from the hotel and travel to Chandigarh by road. Drive along National Highway 1 and admire the lush farms on both sides of the highway. On arrival in Chandigarh, check-in at your lodgings and stay overnight.
Day 02 : Chandigarh to Manali | 320KMS
Early in the morning, check-out from the hotel and travel to Manali by road. Drive along National Highway 1 and admire the lush farms on both sides of the highway. You will also pass the serene hill station of Kullu, and enjoy driving along the gushing Beas River. The thunderous sound of the river will make you even more excited. In the evening, go for a leisurely walk. Upon returning to your lodgings, get your hands on the motorcycles and run all the important checks. Also, buy whatever you need for the upcoming excursion from the local market. In the evening, enjoy overnight stay in Manali.
Day 03 : Manali to Jispa | 220KMS
At the break of dawn, commence your motorbike expedition Ladakh and in its first stage, travel 130 km through the Himalayas to Jispa. As you gain elevation and reach the bewitching Rohtang Pass, the trees will disappear, and vast and lush grasslands will be seen. Just as you reach the Lahaul and Spiti district, the greenery will also diminish and the brown and barren slopes of this cold desert will take over. This part of your excursion will take you through Baralacha La, which at about 16000 feet above sea level, is among the highest motor able roads on earth. The terrain along the road is tough and the pavement, bumpy and rocky, so drive carefully and slowly as this part of the road has claimed many lives. Stay overnight in Swiss tents.
Day 04 : Jispa to Sarchu | 90KMS
Upon feasting your eyes to a wonderful sunrise over the mountains, start your bike expedition from where you left off. This part of your excursion will take you through Baralacha La, which at about 16000 feet above sea level, is among the highest motor able roads on earth. The terrain along the road is tough and the pavement, bumpy and rocky, so drive carefully and slowly as this part of the road has claimed many lives.
Day 05 : Sarchu to Leh | 250KMS
As you begin your bike ride from Sarchu, you will enter the Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir. The adventurous ride today will take you on the high passes like Nakee La, Lachung La and Tanglang La. En route, you will also cross the villages of Upshi and Rumtse, and drive along the pristine Indus River. If time allows, you can also pay a visit to the well-known Thiksey Monastery, known for its collection of rare thangkas, stupa and paintings. Later, reach Leh and stay overnight at a hotel.
Day 06 : Leh
Replenish your energies with a healthy breakfast and enjoy your rest day at Leh. The first half of the day is saved for a regular check-up of the bike and gears. Thereafter, spend your day sightseeing.
Stop by the Leh Palace and enjoy the splendid panoramic views of the Stok Kangri and Ladakh mountain ranges from the terrace and explore the museum exhibiting artefacts close to 450 years old. Later head to the Shanti Stupa perched upon the hilltop in the Changspa region. Constructed to endorse world peace and to celebrate 2500 years of Buddhism, this monument is known to hold the relics of the Buddha at its base, enshrined by the 14th Dalai Lama himself. The evening is saved for exploring the colourful markets of Leh and getting insights into the lives of the warm, local people here.
Day 07 : Leh – Khardungla Pass – Nubra Valley
Wake up to a stunning morning in Leh and be enchanted by the morning sights before you embark upon your journey to the beautiful Nubra valley. On your way touch base at the world’s highest motorable pass called Khardung La at 18,490 feet - the ultimate biker’s experience. All the expertise of your biking experience will be called upon as you ride on roads made of gravel and dirt – making it an exceptional biking adventure.
As you arrive at Nubra, you will be greeted by a cold mountain desert and be mesmerized by the brash slopes and the gorgeous dunes the image will be imprinted in your mind forever. Nightfall brings with it an opportunity to camp in the Nubra Valley.
Day 08 : Nubra Valley to Pangong Tso (120 km)
Gear up for the adventure this day holds for you, it is for sure going to blow your mind. Instead of simply returning to Leh, you will now head to the Pangong Tso lake. This road provides for the actual thrill of riding in Ladakh. If off-road and river crossing were on your biking adventure list, this day accommodates everything.
From the very first glimpse of it, Pangong Lake is known to leave a lasting impression on visitors. Take the narrow stretch of land that leads you directly to the lake and be greeted by a huge mass of water that stretches over a 100 km and extends from India to China. Click memorable pictures with the deep azure water or just stand there mesmerized by the lake’s beauty – the experience is nothing short of exceptional. Overnight stay at Pangong.
Day 09 : Pangong Tso to Leh (120 km)
Wake up to an enchanting sunrise over Pangong Tso and recommence your bike expedition to Leh Ladakh. On the way, see the famed school that was used as an off-studio location in the hit Hindi film, 3 Idiots.
Day 10 : Leh to Kargil (211 km)
The ensuing phase of this bike expedition to Leh Ladakh involves riding to the town of Kargil. On the way, pay homage at the Buddhist monastery of Lamayuru, which is the highest in the region in terms of altitude. Onwards on the excursion, drive on Fotu La mountain pass and then follow the road, descending to Kargil. Stay the night in Swiss camps.
Day 11 : Kargil to Dras | Dras to Srinagar (202 km)
The following stretch of this motor bike expedition gets you first to Dras, which is the second coldest place on earth. In Dras, climb up to the Tiger Hill Peak and then restart your road journey. En route, cross Zoji La pass and enter the breathtaking valley of Sonamarg, which is a famous ski resort. Later drive to Srinagar, the capital of the state of Jammu and Kashmir. Here you may visit numerous places of interest, such as Shalimar Bagh and take a Shikara ride on the picturesque Dal Lake. Stay the night in house boats.
Day 12 : Srinagar to Pathankot (350 km)
This morning, your wonderful motorcycle tour will involve driving through the Jawahar Tunnel out of Srinagar to Pathankot. Stay the night at a hotel.
Day 13 : Pathankot to New Delhi (478 km)
Complete your amazing Himalayan excursion by travelling from Pathankot to Delhi via road.
• GST @ 5%
• Motorbike and Fuel.
• Bikes security deposits.
• Leh Inner line permits.
• Day 00 accommodation.
• Spare parts, Engine oil used on the way or any kind of bike damages during the tour.
• If, the rider because of any circumstances leaves the ride in between then the charges for transporting the bike from the leaving point till Delhi are chargeable from the rider.
• Any personal air / bus / taxi / jeep fare Any kind of personal expenditure like such as tips, extra meals, alcohol, mineral water, laundry, optional tours , medical expenses, phone calls ,entrance fees to monuments/forts/monasteries, camera fees, guide fees etc.
• Any kind of state fees for bikes or any local people charging entry fees to any place.
• Any kind of personal, accidental or medical insurance or any medical expenses.
• In case of any natural calamity, landslides, road blockage etc. if, the tour is extended or the itinerary has to be changed then any extra cost which occurs beyond our control will be on client’s side.
• It’s an adventure ride full of challenges and unpredictable weather conditions. Some areas are also political tensed so because of any such natural or human made calamity if, the tour is extended / diverted or terminated before the ending date then in such case we will not be responsible for it and any additional cost has to be paid by the clients.
• Tour excludes all such things which are not mentioned above in our format.
Please Note :
• Note: The helmet, gloves and other personal equipments may kindly bring your own.
• Before starting the tour from Manali, clients will have to make a security deposit of Rs. 4,000 per bike. Once the tour comes to an end, the full amount will be returned to the client at the ending point provided there is no damage to the bike.
• This is the itinerary for a tour which we run regularly. It can be altered, and we like to discuss plans with clients and can make suggestions about special places to visit depending on our clients’ interests, and available time. The itinerary is planned in such a way that you gain altitude gradually , you get a good and proper time to acclimatise properly while travelling through the Central Himalayas . Every day there is enough free time to make walk / or to relax your own so you could experience the people and culture from much close on the tour.
• In case you require accompanying tour escort / local guide with you please tell us and we will be happy to arrange local, knowledgeable guide for your tour, as per your choice.
• Please do not hesitate to collect any travel information from us, before working a final tour programme for yourself. We would be glad to provide you all the travel information and hotels details etc. at the time of planning your holidays with us, before you book your tour with Incredible Himachal Holidays. Being local, we can provide you with a wonderful private, personalise, tailor-made holiday tour in India at a cheaper cost than the standard package / group holiday that you might find elsewhere. We believe in delivering the service, more than- promised to our clients.